Dog Veterinarians Who Really Care
At The Drake Center For Veterinary Care, our approach to canine veterinary medicine revolves around a comprehensive, competent, and compassionate care program, aimed at ensuring the highest quality of life for your dog. Perhaps the greatest measure of our success is found in our many happy patients and kind words from our clients. We value the long-term relationship we have with many of our clients. Through good communication and trust, we have built so many great relationships with our clients which allow us to partner with our clients to provide the best care for their dog. Some of the recent feedback from our clients can be found here.
This dedication to service is why our practice has become so well known and respected across the dog vet industry. Our veterinary clinic is among the top 15% of hospitals in the US that are accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
A Comprehensive Approach To Canine Veterinary Medicine
We understand that a dog veterinarian is only as good as his or her ability to successfully prevent, diagnose and treat whatever ailment a dog may be facing. Equally as important is our ability to listen and communicate well with owners to make sure they understand their dog's health concerns and how to make the best choices for their dog. This is why our dog hospital is capable of handling any procedure including preventive care, medical diagnosis, and emergency surgery.
We specialize in the following dog health services for dogs of all ages, breeds, and circumstances, including:
- Acupuncture: Utilizing effective eastern medicine to enhance the quality of your dog's life
- Allergy Testing: While not usually life-threatening, allergies in dogs do cause discomfort and should be treated
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your dog stays as safe as possible while under anesthesia
- Bathing and Hygiene: Responsible dog ownership starts with a good bathing and hygiene regimen
- Behavior Services: Your dog's behavior is not completely genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Boarding: We can ensure that your dog is well taken care of while you are away
- Cancer Treatment: Our communicative, community approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your dog
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your dog's dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Dermatology: Our expertise means diagnosing and treating your dog's skin conditions before they become something more than skin deep
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians to diagnose illness, disease, and other problems in order to prescribe the proper treatment
- Emergency Care: We are able to manage any emergency care your dog may need during our office hours
- Flea & Tick: We employ various safe and effective preventive or flea & tick treatment methods for your dog's health and comfort
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education and medical prevention, as well as treatment for your dog
- Homeopathic and Nutraceutical: There is a lot more to health, wellness, and medicine than prescription drugs and surgery, our veterinarians will make you aware of all appropriate treatment options, including homeopathic and nutraceutical remedies
- Laboratory Tests: Our in-house laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics or treatment for your dog
- Laser Therapy: We are able to customize our pain protocols to include laser for arthritis, other inflammatory conditions, and post-operative pain control
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your dog in case he or she ever gets lost, stolen, or separated from you
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness, and dietary intervention programs can help ensure your dog stays healthy and fit
- Pain Management: We specialize in customized, effective, and compassionate pain management for your dog regardless of age, ability, or condition
- Parasite Prevention and Treatment: Prevention and early detection are paramount to survival for some types of parasitic infections
- Pregnancy: Our extensive experience can help your dog have a successful pregnancy, as well as a happy, healthy litter of puppies
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program helps you make sure your dog remains healthy and well year-round
- Puppy Care: We will partner with your to make sure your puppy has the best care and you have all the information we need to care for your new family member
- Senior Care: Our comprehensive senior care protocols and procedures helps you to help your dog age gracefully, healthily, and happily
- Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams are key to staying on top of chronic health issues and getting ahead of problems that may be developing
- Spay or Neuter: Our refined pre surgical, surgical, and post-op care will provide your dog with the safest and most comfortable surgical procedure
- Surgery: Our facilities, expert surgeons, and technicians will make sure your dog is cared for before, during, and after surgery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians and techs will customize vaccination protocols that account for your dog's age, medical history, environment, travel habits, and lifestyle
An Emphasis On Dog Nutrition
At The Drake Center For Veterinary Care you will find that our veterinarians and staff place an emphasis on the importance of proper nutrition for all phases of your dog's life. Whether your dog is a puppy, adolescent, adult, or senior, each stage of the dog's life comes with some special nutritional considerations.
Our veterinarians are here to help you understand your dog's nutritional needs, including:
- The best canned or kibble diet for the breed, age, and activity level
- Items ok to add to your dog's food - ie some cooked veggies
- Healthy dog snacks
- What to avoid feeding your dog
We can also help create a custom dog nutrition program taking into consideration things like breed, age, size, physical fitness, allergies, and medical conditions. As with humans, proper dog nutrition can be both preventive and sometimes curative, as a balanced diet is essential for both supporting and maintaining optimal health. Of course, your dog cannot choose his or her own diet, and therefore the burden of making good health choices is on you. Understanding the nutritional needs of your dog is an important part of your responsibility to ensure they lead and healthy and happy life for many years to come.
Dog Surgery Options When Necessary
An important aspect of operating a dog hospital is being fully equipped and prepared to perform dog surgery for all kinds of situations. We realize that no one wants to think about their dog needing surgery, however, if such an unfortunate situation arises, rest assured that The Drake Center For Veterinary Care is well prepared to guide you and your dog through:
- Pre-Surgery Protocols
- Surgical Procedures
- Post-op pain management and nursing care
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Dogs
Our veterinarians, technicians, assistants, and front staff work together to provide both you and your dog with a compassionate and professional experience. From the initial phone call, it is our goal to make sure you feel that your concerns are addressed, you are well informed, and that your dog receives the best care.
How To Schedule Your Dog's Next Vet Appointment
Scheduling an appointment with one of our dog vets is as easy as picking up the phone, or sending us an email. Our staff is here to help make your trip to the vet as easy as possible for you, and enjoyable for your canine companion.