At The Drake Center, we know that every pet is unique. That's why we tailor each preventative care program specifically to your individual pet, family and lifestyle.
We also know that pet owners are a vital part of the veterinary care team. Taking the time to discuss factors such as activity level, alone time, feeding habits, other pets or family members in the home as well as individual concerns and budget can help us work together to determine the best preventative care program for you and your pet.
We recommend preventative care for our patients to:
- Promote long-term health and well-being
- Identify and prevent risk factors for certain breeds and life stages
- Detect problems early in the disease process
- Provide timely and appropriate intervention when problems are identified
Preventative care at The Drake Center includes:
- Annual or bi-annual wellness exams, depending on health and life stage
- Individualized vaccination protocols as determined by professional associations, such as the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) or American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP), and risk to your pet
- Parasite control to keep both your pets and family healthy
- Blood and urine screening for disease detection and prevention
- Nutrition counseling to prevent obesity and keep pets active and comfortable
- Behavior counseling to promote and enhance the bond between your family and your pet
- Dental care to prevent and treat oral health problems, such as periodontal disease
- Diagnostic imaging to screen for arthritis or other causes of "slowing down" in older pets
Our preventative care recommendations are regularly reviewed by our veterinarians to ensure we are providing the best information and care possible for our clients and patients.